GP Hub Appointments
GP Hubs were a new initiative a little while ago now to provide patients access to medical help from:
• 08:00 - 20:00 every weekday (including bank holidays)
• 08:00 - 16:00 on Saturdays
• 08:00 - 14:00 on Sundays
Southampton Primary Care Ltd (which is owned by all Southampton GP practices) has been set up to provide these appointments at six hub sites and is an important part of the practices' resource to help provide appointments to our patient population. You will be asked for permission to share your medical record with the person seeing you to ensure they can view your usual medication and possible allergies etc.
We can book an appointment with a doctor or nurse at any of the hub sites, as long as you are a registered patient with us. You may find it more convenient to ask for a hub appointment, especially if you work or can only see a GP or nurse at the weekend.
There are six hub sites throughout the city who offer these appointments, but we cannot guarantee which one will have free appointments on any particular day. Please be aware that you may have to visit one which may be slightly further away from your local surgery. The hubs are located at:
• Portswood Solent Surgery - 7 Belmont Road, Portswood, Southampton, SO17 2GD
• St. Marys Surgery - 1 Johnson Street, St Marys, Southampton SO14 1LT
• Aldermoor Surgery - Aldermoor Close, Lordshill, Southampton SO16 5ST
• Shirley Health Centre - Grove Road, Shirley, Southampton SO15 3UA
• Woolston Lodge Surgery - 66 Portsmouth Road, Woolston, Southampton SO19 9AL
• Chessel Practice - 4 Chessel Avenue, Bitterne, Southampton SO19 4AA
To book an appointment, please call reception (when we are open) or one NHS 111 (when we are closed), then you could be offered a hub appointment if you need to be seen by a GP or nurse on that day. Remember calling NHS 111 is free to phone and available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, so you may not need to wait until 8am on Monday morning if you are needing medical attention over a weekend.