How to register as a patient with us
1. Confirm you live within our catchment area
We only register patients who live at the following home addresses or postcodes in Southampton:
- Archers Lane Complex, Polygon
- Bencraft Hall, Bassett
- Chamberlain Complex, Bassett
- City Gateway, Swaythling
- Connaught Hall, Swaythling
- Crescent Place, St Marys
- Gateley Hall, Polygon
- Glen Eyre Complex, Bassett
- Hampton Square, Swaythling
- Hartley Grove Hall, Bassett
- Highfield Halls, Highfield
- Liberty Point, St Marys
- Liberty Quays, Duke St
- Mayflower Complex (A, B & C), Above Bar
- Montefiore Halls, Swaythling
- Romero Hall, Polygon
- St. Margaret's Hall, Polygon
- South Hill Hall, Bassett
- Vincent Place, Vincent Walk
- Vita Student, Terminus Terrace
- Wessex Lane Complex, Swaythling
- SO14 0BH
- SO14 0GE
- SO14 1JY
- SO14 3ET
- SO14 3GW
- SO14 3HZ
- SO14 3PN
- SO14 6..
- SO14 7DT
- SO15 1DP
- SO15 1DQ
- SO15 1DR
- SO15 2..
- SO16 2..
- SO16 3..
- SO16 7..
- SO17 ...
- SO18 2JS
- SO18 2JU
- SO18 2JW
- SO18 2JX
- SO18 2JY
- SO18 2JZ
- SO18 2LB
- SO18 2NS
- SO18 2NU
- SO18 2NW
- SO18 2QN
- SO18 2RA
Alternatively, you can register in person using the following guidance and by downloading the registration form pack below.
2. Download the registration form pack
Please click on the link below to download the registration form pack, which contains the following forms.
3. Complete a practice registration form
Please complete the registration form giving us your past medical history, allergies, medications, etc
We scan these forms in to your medical record, so they must be completed in BLACK PEN.
4. Complete an alcohol questionnaire
Please complete the form after reading the guidance in the registration form pack.
5. Complete a NHS GMS1 form
Please complete fully. If you are an international student and have been given an NHS number after paying the NHS surcharge, please enter it on this form.
6. Bring all three forms to receptionDon't forget to bring all of the forms with you!
At busy times, we may focus our attention on patients who already registered with us. If we are unable to help you at that particular time, you will be invited to return at another time.
7. Wait for your registration to process
We will submit your registration, but this is not an instantaneous process.
Typically it takes around one working day to process. However sometimes, due to the volumes of new registrations, this may take longer.
Once your registration has completed, we can then book you an appointment.
If you have chosen not to register with a GP and wish to see a clinician on the same day, please use the walk in urgent care centre (they accept patients who do not have a local GP).
It takes days to weeks for us to receive a NHS number for patients who have not previously been registered with the NHS. We often get asked by overseas patients to confirm their NHS number, but please be patient whilst the NHS conducts its counter-fraud checks & allocates you an individual number. You will receive a registration confirmation letter from Primary Care Support England (PCSE) in due course.