Obtaining access to your medical records
To apply for parts of or all of your record, please complete a Subject Access Request form. This form must be signed by hand and returned with two forms of identification (as given in the request form).
If you are applying for:
- yourself - these documents must identify you;
- a child - please include the child's birth certificate demonstrating your relationship & the documents identifying the given parent or guardian;
- someone who is unable to apply for themselves - please include the enacted health & welfare power of attorney & the documents identifying the attorney.
- by post;
- by hand;
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- by fax to (023) 8067 8170.
For existing patients, we will deliver your information via our self-service clinical portal (Patient Access) by providing you with a username and password. For ex-patients, we will deliver your documents via a secure portal (StayPrivate) by providing you with a username and password. Please check your email inbox for the PIN and account information to access your online account. It may be worth checking your junk mail as occasionally the information may post there.
Please note, because a doctor has to manually review the entire record, this is a very time consuming task for us. We therefore ask that you do not request more information that is needed.