• Menu
  • Home
  • Secure login
  • Telephone: (023) 8055 7531
University Health Service
Page specific image

European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)

If you are a UK resident, you are entitled to medical treatment that becomes necessary, at reduced cost or sometimes free, when temporarily visiting a European Union country, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland.

However, to obtain treatment you will need to take a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) with you. To apply for a new card or renew your existing card visit the EHIC website.

Don't forget, EHIC cards require renewal - check the date on yours and visit the EHIC website to order a replacement before your card expires.