Seafarer medical examinations
Dr Prendergast is approved by the Maritime and Coast Guard Agency to conduct Statutory Seafarers Medicals.
- Please book online to book your 40-minute appointment.
- Please arrive 20 minutes before you appointment to allow time for the additional tasks needed
- On arrival for your appointment, please expect to be:
1 asked to complete a form giving your personal details
2 given a container to provide a urine sample (please label it with your name & date of birth)
3 asked to check your height, weight and blood pressure on our health check machine in reception
- The cost of the medical is £115 to be paid by PayPal or credit/debit card (we do not accept AmEx)
- If you fail to cancel 48 hours before the appointment, or fail to attend your appointment on time, the full fee will still be payable
- It is your responsibility to arrange an interpreter if you feel your English is not sufficient to consult a doctor
- It's necessary to have a dental check-up before your medical if you have not had one within last year
- Contact lens wearers please remove contact lenses before your medical to allow your eyes to settle for testing but please remember to bring a spare pair and any spectacles that you use
- Spectacle wearers please bring all spectacles that you use
- You should bring along your previous ENG1 medical certificate (unless this is your first examination)
- Please bring with you the name and address of your current GP/Family doctor
- Please bring with you any medications, recent medical letters, discharge notes, sight test results etc
- You will need to remove outer clothing down to your underwear, so you may wish to wear shorts or similar
- You can use public transport to reach us (Unilink Buses). The closest stop to us is the Highfield Interchange
- Car parking is limited but you can either use one of our three patient bays near the Surgery or the University Pay & Display car park
- Please bring with you one of the following: original passport, discharge book, or Drivers licence. Screenshots will not be accepted.